Application Analysis: Plan-Review Similar Strategies
Throughout this course, you will utilize the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) model to develop a program addressing some aspect of substance abuse prevention.
I will put the slides and PowerPoint together from the essay information.
This week, you task is to explore the web sites of the three prevention programs that you identified in Week 2 as being similar strategies in focus to your target prevention program. You must create a PowerPoint presentation that overviews each program and highlights the program’s strengths and challenges. For each program you review, include the following:
- 1 slide – brief descriptions of the programming
- 1 slide – program strengths and weaknesses/challenges
- 1 slide – description of information that you found particularly interesting and/or useful for the development of your target prevention program
In addition, your PowerPoint presentation should include:
- Title slide with title and your name
- Overview slide that provides a brief description of your target prevention program
- Summary slide that highlights the unique contribution of your target prevention program in comparison to the programs you just overviewed
- Length: 15 slides
- Because good presentations contain very few words on the slides, attach a separate Word document describing each slide (approximately 50 words per slide to elaborate on 15 slides); 750 words. This document allows you to present your topic at a later date without loss of fidelity.
- References: include references for any sources you include in your presentation
- Structure: slides in the body of the presentation should include a combination of text, graphics and/or video (video length must not exceed 3 minutes).