Please complete a short response to each comment
1. Angelica shared good points from her research on the management of deep vein thrombosis. Class, initiating findings from nursing research in itself requires support from the entire health care team no matter what the outcome may be. Sometimes getting others on board can be quite challenging. Now that you presented the problem, how would you get other nurses and staff on board to participate in implementing the findings?
2. Melinda also shared good findings from her evidence-based research on fall prevention in hospitalized patients.Presenting any type of findings to help improve nursing practice will usually mean change. Although this can mean change for the better of the work environment, individual, and overall patient care; it can also present challenges. As a nurse presenting any pertinent findings from nursing research to your practice, what type of challenges may you encounter?
3. Katelyn shared good points from her research findings on the implementation of a Comprehensive Unit-Based Safety Program on urinary catheter use. Class, I always find it fascinating to read current nursing research! As each study’s finding can be truly informative and of course a learning experience that will benefit the patient. For example, there may be a better blood glucose meter to help decrease common errors that may occur in insulin checks. This type of research may grab the attention ofa staff nurse working in the medical and surgical area who may have been experiencing issues with his or her diabetic patients. In your area of nursing practice, how would you use current nursing findings to educate your staff?
4. What did you think about this particular study? How do you see the nursing process being integrated into this form of research?
How can you use this type of research in your area of practice?
5. Sheena shared key points regarding the similarities between the nursing and research process, including the collection of data. Class, as noted, the collection and analysis of data can be used to improve nursing care; therefore the data collection process is key in any process. In what ways will the data collection process in nursing research and the nursing process further assist nurses with their everyday practice? Class please feel free to share your thoughts.
6. Jennifer also shared good points in which the research process is similar to the nursing process. Class, I can recall returning to school; being introduced to nursing research was captivating and I had only wish it was something we spent additional time learning in my ADN program. As a new nurse years ago, I think my focus was to make certain I did not “mess up” and remember every skill I learned in nursing school. I certainly did not have the time to really read nursing journals as I would have like to. I think having a better foundation would have certainly inspire me to be more open to researching new findings back when I
started out and possibly even implement these findings as well.
Do you think introducing nursing research into Associates Nursing/Diploma nursing programs will benefit the novice nurse?
Please explain your answer.