- Criteria to address for Module 1 Introduction. Use the following subheadings:
- Potential outcomes
- Clinical question (in either the PICO or PICOT format).
Additional Criteria to address:
- Title page (use the format provided) (use month of module 5)
- References (located at the end of the EBP Project Paper Template)
- Please review the sample paper attached above.
- You should begin to submit to the appropriate draft areas in SafeAssign. (See below). Please review the attached Blackboard SafeAssign Student Guide for more information about SafeAssign and how to read the SafeAssign report.You must achieve a “matching” score of 34% or less for your final submission to SAFEASSIGN FINAL IN MODULE 5. Your percentage may be higher in the drafts for all modules because it captures the template and references. The more original work you add, the score show decrease.
MODULE 2 LITERATURE AND APPRAISAL
- You are expected to search for the best available evidence and critically appraise the evidence.You should develop both an evidence table (see EBP project proposal paper template) and narrative synthesis. You need to write a very clear, descriptive and in-depth narrative synthesis (2-5 pages) of evidence so they reveal the current state of knowledge on the topic (see sample integrative reviews). Include in the narrative the following:
- Description of common themes found in the literature/sources.
- Identification of consistencies and contradictions in the literature/sources.
- Identification of gaps in the existing body of knowledge.
Please review the readings, sample paper, and grading rubric for guidance. Use the EBP Project Paper Template and insert module writing requirements. Submit paper in entirety with each module assignment.
Criteria to address:
- Introduction to section: PICO(T), keywords, and databases searched
- Narrative Synthesis
- Update References
Note: It would be to your advantage to submit this section as you progress writing the paper to draft areas in SafeAssign to verify the originality report for updates. You must achieve an originality score of 34% or less FOR THE MODULE 5 SAFEASSIGN FINAL EBP PAPER.
MODULE 3-PLAN FOR IMPLEMENTATION
- You are expected to develop a plan that describes the steps for the proposed implementation. Please review the readings, sample paper, and grading rubric for guidance. Use the EBP Project Proposal Template and insert module writing requirements. Submit paper in entirety with each module assignment. Please include all previous sections of your EBP proposal.
Criteria to address as subheadings and as narrative:
- Who are the stakeholders for your project?
- Who is your target population?
- Who do you need to persuade to get this project implemented?
- Who must know about the project?
- When do they need to know about it?
- How will they know?
- Who is your support team?
- Organizational fit
- How is the project congruent with goals, values and mission of the unit?
- How is the project congruent with goals, values and mission of the system?
- What similar initiatives and EBP projects have been completed successfully at the agency?
- Barriers to EBP Implementation
- Facilitation Strategies for EBP Implementation
- Resources Needed
- People, equipment, fiscal and other material needed to implement project.
- How are you securing these resources?
- Who do you need as a team to get this project implemented successfully?
Additional Criteria to address in table format:
- Estimated Timetable Blueprint for Implementation (see table in template)
Note: It would be to your advantage to submit this section as you progress writing the paper to SafeAssign draft areas, to verify the originality report for updates. You must achieve a “matching” score of 34% or less FOR THE MODULE 5 SAFEASSIGN FINAL EBP PAPER.
Module 4-Plan to Evaluate Implementation
- You are expected to develop a plan to evaluate the implementation of the EBP project. Please review all the past readings, table template, resources, instructions, and rubric. Please include a narrative that defines the baseline data (this is described in section A below). You may also add additional data as noted in the sample paper if appropriate to your EBP proposal. The table for this plan should include Sections B through D below. See the table template (please click on this link).
EBP Evaluation Plan
- Define baseline data sources and collection strategies – describe data that has been collected which identified need for proposal. It has to be specific baseline data that the results (outcomes) of your proposed implementation will be compared to post implementation.
- Define outcome indicators for your project (see table).
- Define outcome measures (see table).
- Define how data will be collected – time of collection and person responsible (see table)
Note: It would be to your advantage to submit this section as you progress writing the paper to Safe Assign draft areas to verify the originality report for updates. You must achieve an “matching” score of 34% or less FOR THE MODULE 5 SAFEASSIGN FINAL EBP PAPER.
This assignment is worth 15 points.
- Please include the following criteria:
- Title Page
- Abstract (Please click this link for instructions and template).
- Purpose PICO (PICOT) Question
- Significance of the Problem
- Summary of Synthesis of Evidence
- Recommended Implementation for Practice Change
- Conclusions/recommendations (Practice, Education or Research)
- Review of Literature and Synthesis of Evidence including narrative synthesis and table
- Plan for Implementation including table
- Plan for Evaluation including table
- Conclusions, Recommendations and Implications