Exploring Approaches to Leadership [WLO: 3] [CLO: 3]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read ONE of the following chapters in your (2019) textbook:
· Chapter 8: Transformational Leadership, or
· Chapter 9: Authentic Leadership, or
· Chapter 10: Servant Leadership.
You will analyze the leadership model discussed in your chosen chapter in the discussion forum that follows.
In this discussion, you will teach your classmates what you have learned about the leadership theory described in the chapter you chose. For your initial post, create the outline of a training presentation with speaker notes. Use this outline and notes to teach your classmates the key concepts associated with the leadership approach and the behavioral characteristics most often ascribed to individuals who exemplify the type of leadership you have chosen to describe.
In your presentation,
· Describe the leadership theory, including notes you would use if you were teaching a group of leaders and managers about the key concepts of the theory.
· Analyze the strengths and the primary criticisms of the leadership theory, including notes you would use if you were teaching a group of leaders and managers.
· Identify those aspects of the theory that appeal to your own application of leadership skills in your professional career, including notes you would use if you were teaching a group of leaders and managers.
· Identify the types of circumstances or organizations in which this approach to leadership would be most effectively practiced, including notes you would use if you were presenting examples of circumstances or organizations in which this approach to leadership would be effectively practiced.
Post your training presentation outline and speaker notes as an attachment to your discussion, and include a brief commentary in the discussion text box to serve as an introduction of the training to your classmates (e.g., what they will learn by reading the training outline and speaker notes).
The post WK6DB2.docx appeared first on essaypages.