I’m working on a sociology writing question and need an explanation to help me study.
answer question below and answer it completely. Cite your sources and use MLA, It should be 2 pages long.
- How does the traditional view of family differ from that of the modernist viewpoint? Specifically, what does each view say about family change, what is a limitation of each view, and what would each view suggest as a solution to current family issues?
- Explain how some positive externalities involve the production of what are called public goods.
- Why is the definition of family important in social, legal, and economic terms?
- Name the major methods that sociologists use to study families. Describe one of these methods.
- What were historically the three basic activities of most Western families? Which activity has changed most dramatically?
- How did children during the Great Depression adopt a “downward extension of adult-like experience”?
- Give three explanations for the high birth rate of women who married in the 1950s.
- In what way did settled agriculture, as compared to hunting and gathering, revolutionize human organization?
- What does the concept of two-spirited people tell us about the two sexes?
- What brought about the growing movement centering around masculinity in the 1990s?
- Why, according to those who would use the interactionist approach in explaining male and female differences, would gender distinctions need to be reinforced and reproduced each day in families?
- Why might it be difficult in the United States to implement a policy of comparable responsibility within job classifications? That is, why don’t we have a system in this country that more evenly distributes monetary rewards for jobs such as liquor store clerk (a relatively well-paid, mostly male position in many states) and elementary school teacher (a relatively underpaid, mostly female position in many states)?
- Explain what Lareau meant by concerted cultivation versus natural growth in terms of the class differences in the way parents view the task of raising children.