Investigating the Socioeconomic impact of stakeholder management in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry: A case of shell in Escravos and Brass Communities.
1 What is the royal shell policy in community stakeholder management?
2 To what extent has Shell implemented his policy in community stakeholder engagement in Escravos and Brass communities in the Niger Delta.
1. To identify shell policy and strategy for community stakeholder engagement.
2. To identify the extent this policy has been implemented in Escravos and Brass communities in Niger delta.
3.To identify the socioeconomic impact of shell stakeholder engagement in Escravos and Brass communities in Niger delta.
4. To identify measures with which shell policy and strategy for community stakeholder management in Escravos and Brass communities in Niger Delta can be improved.
This research aims to investigate the socioeconomic impact of stakeholder management practices in the Nigerian oil and gas industry, with a specific focus on Shell’s operations in the Escravos and Brass communities located in the Niger Delta. The study seeks to understand the policy and strategy implemented by Shell for community stakeholder engagement and evaluate its level of implementation in the selected communities. Additionally, the research aims to assess the socioeconomic outcomes of Shell’s stakeholder engagement efforts and propose recommendations for improving community stakeholder management in the oil and gas industry.
- Background and Rationale
- Overview of the Nigerian oil and gas industry and its significance.
- Importance of stakeholder management in the industry.
- Justification for studying Shell’s stakeholder management practices in the Escravos and Brass communities.
- Research Questions
- What is Shell’s policy in community stakeholder management?
- To what extent has Shell implemented this policy in the Escravos and Brass communities in the Niger Delta?
- Study Design
- Case study approach focusing on Shell’s operations in the Escravos and Brass communities.
- Utilization of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Data Collection
- Interviews with Shell representatives, community leaders, and stakeholders.
- Surveys and questionnaires were distributed among community members.
- Document analysis of relevant policies, reports, and community agreements.
- Data Analysis
- Thematic analysis of qualitative data.
- Descriptive statistics and quantitative analysis of survey responses.
Results and Findings
- Shell’s Policy in Community Stakeholder Management
- Overview of Shell’s policy and strategy for community engagement.
- Identification of key principles and approaches.
- Implementation of Shell’s Policy in the Escravos and Brass Communities
- Evaluation of the level of implementation in terms of stakeholder identification, communication, and participation.
- Identification of success factors and challenges.
- Socioeconomic Impact of Shell’s Stakeholder Engagement
- Evaluation of the economic, social, and environmental outcomes.
- Assessment of the benefits and challenges experienced by the communities.
- Comparison with Existing Literature
- Comparison of findings with previous studies on stakeholder management in the oil and gas industry.
- Identification of similarities and differences in practices and outcomes.
- Implications for Shell and the Industry
- Recommendations for improving Shell’s policy and strategy on community stakeholder management.
- Suggestions for enhancing stakeholder engagement practices in the oil and gas industry as a whole.
This research investigates the socioeconomic impact of stakeholder management in the Nigerian oil and gas industry, focusing on Shell’s operations in the Escravos and Brass communities. By analyzing Shell’s policy, level of implementation, and the associated outcomes, the study provides valuable insights into community stakeholder engagement. The findings and recommendations can contribute to the development of effective strategies and practices for fostering positive socioeconomic outcomes in the industry.