The module has three elements of assessment:
1. Coursework Assignment: 40%
You are required to research the topic of Culture from the Organisational Behaviour area of study. In 1,000
words present 34
key theories that relate to this topic area and compare the different perspectives in terms of:
• What are the differences & similarities?
• Why might these differences and similarities exist?
• Why is this information useful for individuals and their line managers?
• What can you conclude from your analysis?
You are being asked to display your knowledge and to analyse information in order to provide a reasoned
opinion. This means that you will be expected to use a variety of sources for your information. These include
practitioner literature and sources, “expert” information and academic texts and journals. An essay based solely
on web based sources and opinions, is unlikely to achieve high marks. You are expected to reference correctly
using the Harvard referencing system.
Essay Length maximum of 1000 words.
• Introduction to the topic area of Culture 10%
Introduction to the assignment
• Review of relevant theories and perspectives on Culture 50%
Selection and review of literature & application of theory
• Referencing and Presentation 10%
Structure, flow and layout; Referencing
• Summary and Conclusions 30%
Submission: Using Turnitin
The completed assignment must be uploaded onto studentcentral.
Work submitted after this time must be uploaded via the late submission portal. Your assignment will be
marked electronically with feedback and a grade. It will appear in your grade centre when this has been
Preparing to write your assignment:
Listen to the online lecture on Culture and read the relevant
chapter in the core text book. Then decide which 34
theories you might select for analysis?