mage your small business that produces very small remote control aircraft capable of long sustained flights. You are ready to
expand your business by competing for Department of Defense (DoD) contracts. You already have added one (1) contract
with the DoD worth over $600,000 to your expanding company and are now ready to venture into contracting for the
Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
Write a six to eight (68)
page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast fixedprice
contracts and costreimbursement
contracts in terms of the benefits and drawbacks of
each for your business.
2. Analyze at least three (3) opportunities your small business will have compared to large businesses in general.
3. Discuss which element(s) of costreimbursement
contracts tend to produce the biggest troubles for your small business.
Provide a rationale for your choice(s).
4. Determine which form of contracting would benefit your business the most among all the forms of contracting described in
Chapter 16. Support your response.
5. Choose the most significant form of contracting that would support large companies (e.g., Boeing) among all the forms of
contracting described in Chapter 16. Support your response.
6. Develop a plan on how your company would justify the government to award your company the contract when the form of
this contracting supports larger companies.