Write a direct strategy email to a client who wants to book a corporate retreat. Who you are: the administrative assistant at Quest Travel (refer to case scenario) Who your reader is: Ms. Lacey Walker, CEO of Sidekicks Athletic Shoes, Inc. Background: Quest Travel has received the following email from a client who would like to book a corporate retreat for her staff: I’d like to book a week-long corporate retreat at an all-inclusive resort for my hardworking staff at Sidekick Athletic Shoes, Inc. We would like a direct flight from Halifax to a tropical destination in the spring. Please offer advice and recommendations for a suitable location. If you need more information, please email me at [email protected]. Before you can offer suggestions and advice about the location, you must email Ms. Lacey Walker to get more details.
1. Prepare a list of four or five specific questions you want to ask your reader about her requirements and preferences for the corporate retreat.
2. Draft a direct strategy email requesting the information.
3. Revise your draft(s) to ensure your message follows the instructions given here, in your COMM class, and on the checklist.
4. Save and submit your assignment to Turnitin as a PDF file. Do not copy content from any sources you might consult, including COMM 2293 instructional materials; use your own words.
Evaluate your own assignment using this checklist.
Message follows the three-part direct strategy
- direct opening
- details in the body
- complete, forward-looking close
- informative subject line that reflects the main point expressed in the opening Message uses a professional business style and presentation
- gives clear, complete information to the reader
- maintains goodwill throughout message
- follows all the business style points taught so far
- uses complete sentences throughout
- uses correct email format
- uses full block format, single spaced, readable 11- or 12-point font, and a ragged right margin (text not aligned along the right margin)
Subject: Inquiry about your corporate retreat
Dear Ms. Lacey Walker,
I hope this email finds you well. My name is [Your Name] and I am the administrative assistant at Quest Travel. I understand that you are interested in booking a week-long corporate retreat for your hardworking staff at Sidekick Athletic Shoes, Inc. We are excited to assist you in making this a successful and memorable event for your team.
Before we can offer recommendations for a suitable location, we would like to get more information about your requirements and preferences. Could you kindly provide us with the following details?
- What are your preferred dates for the retreat?
- What is the estimated number of attendees?
- What is your budget for the retreat?
- What are the specific goals and objectives you hope to achieve through the retreat?
Once we have this information, we can suggest some suitable locations and resorts that meet your requirements. We can also provide you with options for direct flights from Halifax to your preferred destination.
At Quest Travel, we understand the importance of a successful corporate retreat and we are committed to providing you with excellent service and attention to detail to make your event a success.
Please feel free to contact me directly at [Your Email Address] or call our office at [Your Phone Number] if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for considering Quest Travel for your corporate retreat needs. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
[Your Name] Administrative Assistant Quest Travel