make sure you watch https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PtgKkifJ0Pw speech analysis from neoclassical speech interpretation only rest of info is just to help I picked https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PtgKkifJ0Pw and neoclassical analysis speech wise which means speaker intent and audience reaction only break down by single speaker a critic must determine details by a speakers public character in a neo-classism speech analysis.
Criticisms of neo-classism
Aristotle’s rhetoric not really a guide for critics more deigned to teach others to speak an excluse concern with the effects of speaking does not always producer significant critics.
Encouraged a mechanical approach to speaking without emotion.
Lacking emotional appeal, logical appeal.
When analyzing this performance you must must look at
1selected artifact reconstruct constructed in which artifact occurs. application of cannons of artifact. Assess impact of artifact on audience.
2 analyzed artifact
3. reconstruct context. Critic discusses how various components of he context affected the rhetoric that was formulated. This means a critic investigates there etchings rhetoric, occasion and audience.
I. rhetoric not a bio but study the individuals rhetoric to discover links between rhetorical effects and the rhetoric history, experience, character, motivation, attitudes, formal training, communication skills, formal training in the rhetorical meaning selected, rhetoric preparation motivation focus why did the rhetoric do that
III Personal elements of the occasion, the purpose, what influenced choice of subject and approach or the peculiar demands of the time and place when the rhetoric occurred. Pay attention to historical antecedents of rhetoric specific events that gave rise to the idea and polished it the social and cultural attitudes toward the topic of rhetoric
IV Context looks at audience for rhetoric the rhetoric wants to accomplish certain goals. Know the audience does he know something
q. Invention. the location and creation of materials for he speech. Can he logos or ethos.
2. Organization. The structure and arrangement of the speech. Is it chronological, spacial, problem solution, casual, what
3. Style, the language of the speech. Is there images, symbols, figures of speech works used.
4. memory, mastery or the subject matter. Did the speakers manner of presentation accomplish his goal.
5. delivery management of voice and gestures in the speech. Was speaker entertaining, extemporaneous.
What is the goal and the conclusion
No single answer to say if this is effective but is it effective in your opiion, mine is yes it is.
Formulating a reason
Something like did the rhetoric use the available means of persuasive to evoke the intended response from the audience
Now writing the essay mus answer all this above and include 5 components below here in order. Integrate but this is the order.
1. Intro discuss research question. Its contribution to rhetorical ahtoery its significance.
2. A description of the artifact and contempt
3. Description of the method of criticism, in this case, neo Aristotelian criticism
4. report findings of analysis in which you explain the rhetoric report of findings and analysis in which you explicate the rhetorical choices through applications o cannons to your artifact
5. Discussion of the contribution the cannon made to the theory