The purpose of this paper is to provide an opportunity to utilize community assessment strategies, uncover a community health problem, and identify the components of one community health nursing problem related to the dynamics of Miami
This paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the
requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the following categories as the first level headings on your
paper. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting.
• [Introduction:] This beginning of your paper should catch the reader’s attention with interesting facts about your community
of Miami, Florida and should include the purpose statement of the paper. This should be one paragraph. APA states that you
should not title this as introduction; however, you are still expected to write a separate introduction. The title of the paper
should be repeated at the top of page two and centered.
• (Community Overview): Identify Miami Fl the community that you are assessing and provide a general description of the
community. What is the general character of the community? Statistics should not be included here. Your community should
be the area you live or work in and should include a residential area. It should be a large enough area to answer the
questions in the text. This should be one paragraph.
• (Demographic Data): Compile a range of demographic (population description) data for your community by examining U.S.
Census Bureau reports. Using this data, describe your community. Compare your community data to state or national data. A
summary of this data should be no more than two paragraphs.
• (Epidemiological Data): Compile and summarize a range of epidemiological (illness, morbidity, and mortality) data for your
community by examining data from sources such as city or county health department reports, County Health Rankings
(countyhealthrankings.org), or the Centers for Disease Control to describe priority health problems in your area. See the
Webliography for applicable sites to search. Compare your community to state or national data. This comparison will help to
identify a priority community health problem specific to your community. A summary of this data should be no more than two
• (Windshield Survey): Provide a summary of your observations from your first milestone. Make sure to discuss observations
related to your identified problem. This should be one to two paragraphs.
• (Problem Diagnosis:) Using the assessment data, identify one community health nursing problem that you consider to be a
priority concern. Relate your choice to one of the Healthy People 2020 specific numbered objectives (not just a goal).
Healthy People objectives are located within a topic area under the Objectives tab. Your rationale should also include why
this is a problem in your community and factors that contribute to the problem. Avoid discussion of interventions in this
milestone. Include a discussion of your problem with information from at least two scholarly sources (such as professional
journal articles). (Review the documents in the APA category in Doc Sharing for help in determining sources that are
considered scholarly—hint, .com websites are not considered scholarly sources). This should be no more than three
• (Summary): Summarize your community assessment and diagnosis findings and include a brief statement about the
problem and the major factors that contribute to this problem. This information should be no more than two paragraphs.
• Reference Page: All references should be cited within the paper and should be included on the reference page.
Is this question part of your assignment?
Wait Before you Leave! I have something special for you😊
Do you need help your assignment, dissertation or discussion post?
Here is a 25% discount for our Academic Research Writing Service.
Enter your name and email below and I'll send it to you.