The purpose of this assignment is to analyze one teaching and learning relationship in which you have been either the teacher or the learner. This may be in any setting: your practise area, formal education courses, or any social or community setting. For this assignment, you’ll describe and analyze the relationship and how it influenced your teaching and learning
Use the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What was your role?
- How would describe your participation?
- Was there a sense of egalitarianism, mutual disclosure, safety, and freedom? Why or why not?
- Was the relationship connected? Why or why not?
- How did the nature of the relationship affect teaching and learning?
- Which of Pratt’s teaching perspectives were embedded in this relationship?
- What have you learned about yourself as either a teacher or learner from this analysis?
The successful assignment will:
- Describe a teacher and learner relationship clearly.
- Analyze the relationship using relevant theories.
- Describe how teaching and learning were influenced by the nature of the relationship.
- Describe which of Pratt’s teaching perspective(s) were embedded in this relationship.
- Demonstrate critical, reflective thinking.
- Demonstrates application of course materials through use of relevant references throughout the paper.
- Be scholarly and accurately referenced according to APA format.